From the University’s Digital Communications Team:
Digital Video + Screen Capture:
- Kaltura Capture - for UNC Charlotte faculty and students, supported tool within Canvas
- Options for DIY video creation (Courtesy of Penn State University College of Earth and Mineral Sciences)
- Camtasia - UNCC has campus license for University issued computers
- Snag It - TechSmith offering for free (until June 30th)
- Loom Pro - Free for educators and students
- Top Picks 32 from Common Sense Media
- Edpuzzle - a free tool that integrates with YouTube and allows you to embed analytical questions w/in their video content. Students can’t advance the video w/out answering the question.
Helpful Guides + Resources:
- A brief guide to producing videos at home or your office
- 20 Free Tools to Create Multimedia
- How do I record my Skype calls?
- How do I record a Google Hangout?
- Open Source Broadcaster (OBS) is a free video switching program that allows you to record and stream. Here is a tutorial.
- Quicktime Player has a screen record function for macs.
- By installing an application called “Soundflower” you can record your desktop audio. This will allow for recording of anything on the screen including Google Hangouts and Skype.